This documentation will use cURL for example purposes. Please be sure to replace <API_TOKEN> with your api token
Your API token in located in your user settings page (https://www.zenput.com/settings/). The token will look something like: 844ec703b29b0ff99c2e7b3ec9c0db47
If you do not have a token, please contact [email protected]
Now that you have an API token you should be able to make requests to Zenput. Below is a sample request to get a list of your form templates. Go ahead and be sure that this request will return you a result
curl --header "X-API-TOKEN: <API_TOKEN>" \ 'https://www.zenput.com/api/v1/forms/list_templates/?count=true'
You should be all setup to make API calls!
If you encounter any problems, please contact [email protected] Otherwise, continue with the documentation on the left.
While you are welcome to use the API directly against your production environment, sometimes you'll want to test things out somewhere else first to make sure that they work correctly. For these situations we make staging.zenput.com available. Simply point your API calls to staging.zenput.com instead of www.zenput.com, and keep the following constraints in mind:
- If your API token was recently created, it may not immediately be available in staging. If you can login to production with your API token but not staging, and don’t want to wait, please contact support to get this straightened out.
- staging.zenput.com comes with no uptime commitments of any kind. It may go down for planned and unplanned reasons with no notice, and there is no SLA for it to go back online. It may be running pre-release versions of Zenput with slightly different behaviors than www.zenput.com, and code changes on staging.zenput.com may never make it to www.zenput.com.
- The database for staging is a sanitized copy of the production database, and may be reset at any time. User details like email addresses and phone numbers are anonymized, and some information is filtered out entirely. There are no backups or guarantees of any kind around data in staging. Any data you save to staging.zenput.com may be lost at any time, and no changes will be made to any data on www.zenput.com.
- Due to the sanitization in #3, if you wish to test anything with notification emails or text messages, you will need to set the email addresses and/or phone numbers that you want to use.
- You cannot point our mobile applications at the staging environment.
- If you want to log into the web interface to validate something after making a change using the API, you will need to either set a particular user's email address using the API and then reset it's password using the web interface, or set up a proxy to append the API key to any requests you are making to the web interface. SSO can be enabled in staging, but you will need to contact support to set this up to use it.
Updated over 1 year ago